My name is Hans Peter Michaelsen and I am an independent defense analyst with 41 years of experience in the Royal Danish Air Force. I have extensive joint and international experience including:
- Air Defence operations during and after the cold war
- Concept development, military technology and networked operations
- Identification technology and command & control systems
- Military acquisition and air & maritime surveillance systems including extensive co-operation with Danish and international defence industry.
- Train, Advise & Assist (Capacity building) in Afghanistan
- Academic research in military matters at the Centre for Military Studies, University of Copenhagen, projects includes F-35 acquisition report and military R&D analysis.
- Teaching and education at the Joint Staff Course, Royal Danish Defence College.
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org – phone: +45 20 47 99 49
“The Unfrozen North” – I am quoted in this new article about contemporary maritime security in the Arctic region in the recent “Naval Warfare” issue 2, 2020.
My expert areas are:
- Danish and North European defence including contemporary defence challenges in the arctic area.
- Defence policy and defence planning
- Military Operations with emphasis on air and maritime operations.
- Military capacity building with focus on train, advise, assist challenges in Afghanistan
- Military technology and acquisition processes
- Air surveillance and air defence